September flew by in the blink of an eye for me. At the beginning of the month I was in my third term of grade twelve, and now I am about to begin my fourth and final term.
Yet, this month has been great. I have been doing so many things that I have not done for so long and it is refreshing.
So, shall I divulge my favourite things of last month?
– Since the beginning of this year, I have (from memory) cleaned my room once. At the beginning of this month it was horrendously messy. But I decided to quit procrastinating and clean it. I got rid of a big couch and settled for a small (ugly) blue armchair. To make it look more appealing however, I added a reed throw rug I wasn’t using and a colourful pillow. Now this comfortable, warm beauty is where I do the majority of my reading.
– Speaking of, I have been doing a fair bit of reading in the last two weeks or so, this being my recent favourite. I found Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, a really good Young Adult novel. It had family scenarios, love, social struggles and fan fiction. I particularly like how this novel hit home with normal problems that most teenagers have or will go through and I like that in a book. It isn’t sugar coated. Personally, I think it would have been just as good without the fan fiction aspect, but that is just a personal opinion.
– So when I cleaned my room, I thought my desk needed a little added magic. So I went to Typo and picked up this really cute blue pineapple pen cup. I think this is cute and I like how it adds some colour to my desk area. I know how much that giraffe stands out, so let’s take a few seconds to appreciate this really cool (but really heavy) pen.
– I have been burning this baby like crazy lately. This is my new lemongrass scented candle and I love it. It is one of those scents that hits you right in the nose and I like that. I like how fresh and zesty it is. I kinda have a thing for zesty scents and whatnot.
– When on school holidays one must watch new TV shows. These two have been my favourites. 2 Broke Girls and New Girl are both just so funny. I laugh too loud at these, but that is just the way I laugh. I like New Girl better because Nick, need I say more. He is a hottie and I can say this, because…I said so. If you’re looking for laugh-out-loud humour, give these a go.
So there you have it, my September favourites. Do comment and let me know yours, or link to a post. I’d love some new things to love this month!