As it seems I have been MIA for a week or so. Christmas and camping has had me busy at times and not so busy at others. Never the less, I had no way to charge my phone or laptop regularly or internet connection. So, hello again.
Now, before Christmas I was nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. This was courtesy of the lovely Crimson Prose whose post really got down to the meaning of this award. Check out the post here, it’s quite good. Thank you for the nomination, it means a lot. When I started this blog I knew I would have to put time into it because my blog is something I started for myself. I won’t lie and say I didn’t have some hope that people would see it because, I cannot deny that I did want people to. So when blogger such as Crimson Prose noticed it, it made me feel quite good about myself. Like someone liked what I was writing, encouraging me to continue.
So I feel very privileged and quite proud of myself, in some way, to have received this award as it is a great reward for the effort and care I have put into my blog so far.
Now, to the nitty gritty.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
2. Display the award on your post.
3. List the award rules so your nominees will know what to do.
4. State 7 things about yourself.
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
6. Contact your nominees to let them know you have nominated them. Provide a link to your post.
7. Proudly display the award logo (or buttons) to your blog, whether on your side bar, ABOUT page, or a special page for awards. Let other bloggers see right up front that you are an award winner and HAVE participated in the award process.
I have completed 1.
The award is featured at the beginning of the post, so that’s 2 competed.
The rules are stated above, No. 3, check.
7 things about myself;
– I have six brothers and sisters. Ages: 24, 22, 15, 10, 2 and the youngest, a little boy, was actually born yesterday. Despite the fact that only one sister is my only full sibling, I have known all my siblings my whole life and consider them my full brothers and sisters. Despite what others may think about that, they are my brothers and sisters, I chose how I classify them.
– I love school, I really do. Sure math gets me mad and hurts my head, I just love to learn, write things down, colour code and read. I am in grade twelve this year so I am ever so worried about what I am going to do at the end of the year, next year and in the future. I know I will find something that I love to do, but it hasn’t come to me just yet.
– I am a TV show and movie fanatic. I watch so many movies and shows in my spare time. I often find it hard to stop what I am watching and go to work or school as I just get so into them. My favourite movies are all the Harry Potter’s, Forrest Gump or Fool’s Gold. My favourite TV show currently is Downton Abbey. Haven’t heard of it? Well do hear of it. Once you’re finished reading this, get up and watch it. Yes, you read me right.
– I adore solitude. Most of my life I have had to deal with being alone in my room or without friends. Now it has just become normal and I just really do like it. Sometimes, sadly, I turn down invitations to go out with friends because there are things I want to do at home.
– I have two friends that I can really call my actual friends. They are always there for me. There are others but they don’t really care about me. Sad thing is though when my two friends, because they are dating, are together I am alone. I have now formed a relationship with my laptop and television. Things are going strong between the three of us however, I think my television is mentally unstable. The inbuilt DVD player just keeps opening for some unknown reason. I think we may need to replace him. Our couple name is Tayveetop.
– 2013 was a really tough year for me. My parents because childish and started using me as a means of communication because they hate each other that much they can’t speak to each other for the good of their children. My father tried to cut off contact with us because we were getting too expensive and he couldn’t bare to see my mother anymore. This was a really, really low point for me last year. I tried to talk to my mother about it but she couldn’t understand as she had never been through anything of the sort. My friends, of the two I told, also didn’t understand, so I had no one to talk to.
– That point was when I started my journal. It has really helped me get through many problems throughout the last three months or so. Whether it be school stress, family problems of which there has been many, loneliness which really brought me down last year or to help me set goals to overcome these problems. My journal has been the one stop place for venting, crying or goal setting. If you have problems and love to write I encourage you to start a journal or diary, mine has really helped me lately.
– So having not been around the blogosphere for very long I will nominate my favourites so far. Those of which have inspired me to keep blogging, not because it’s a chore but because I love it, I get to share my life with others and experience theirs through well written word.
- Attempting Reality
- Caffeinated and Opinionated
- Highest Form of Whit
- Flooded Roses
- Little Sweet and Sour
- Ms. Nose in a Book
- Pretty Trippy
- The Editing Process
- The Mostly Confused Teenager
- Innocent Immorality
- A Pinch Here, A Dash There
6 will be done quite soonish..
The award banner and link to this post can be found in my About page, loud (if web pages could sing) and proud.
Again I’d like the thank Crimsonprose for the nomination and I wish luck and fun to those I nominated. (: